BowWowMeow is the part of the website for our community. We post your stories here as well as events we may have. You can also follow us on facebook by clicking the like button above. If you have a story you want to share, you can either mail it to us or use the Contact Us page to send it in.
Recent comments from our human clients:
- 2022 Google Reviews:Oct 14 – Bebe Hayward — Gr8 place to let your dogs run and play. Pool has been cleaned.
Sept 22 – Eric S — Best & biggest dog park I’ve been to in awhile! 🐕!! Clean water feature! Love it!
Sept 12 – Carolyn Pomikal – I take my cats there. They are very good people.
Aug 26 – Dani Borger – this place is aw2esome and the people that work there beyond helpful. I have been there many times.
Aug 15 – Marissa Ortiz – These guys are really amazing. I have a very very very high energy Aussie and he had some issues.
Aug 11 – Ernest Karl – I loved taking my dog there to run with other dogs. I have been there 2 times this year.
May 14 – Terri Schilling – This dog park is a wonderful asset to this community. Been taking my two dogs for two years now.
April 29 – Carly Hans – Staff are very friendly and caring for your pets! And the dog park is beautiful!
April 2022 – Jasmine – Great prices and they are extremely friendly. The guy at the pick up/discharge was very informative with post op care.
April 2022 – Glory – Can’t say enough good stuff about the Veterinary Clinic they are awesome people and they are really great with my dogs and a lot cheaper than a lot of other places
- Janna – Sept 27, 2022Janna won one of the Goodie Bags in the Animal Friends fundraiser, and had this to say “OMGosh – That basket full of goodies was unbelievable! SomeONE did such a great job. Even my cats are thrilled for a new box . My husband thought it was a mistake – there were so many great things included. I had to show him the list of all donors that came with the Basket a couple of times. THANKS again to all at Animal Friends who made this happen. It’s all about the animals, and I work to keep them fed and happy.
- Mary Cuniff – June 1, 2022 — I love coming here. All staff are such loving people. My animals are well cared for. Thank you to ALL. I know you Follow the Golden Rule, Matthew 7:12. Thank you and keep up the great work. The Cuniff Family.
- Quinn wrote on Nov 6th – After being astonished at the price of a cat spay, I found Animal Friends. Read her full review at this link . Quinn Review
- Melinda Schroeder – Feb 18 — Very clean, professional and great with my animals. Pricing is better than most other clinics and they run specials too. Best place for spaying or neutering a pet.
- Lexi Hubenak – Feb 18 — Best clinic in Washington County. Dogs finally aren’t afraid of going to the vet. Always willing to work out payments and staff is wonderful.
- Darla Guerra – Feb 18 — Amazing place!
- Kenneth Blum – Dec 2017 — Very nice place and the animals enclosure was spotless. The animals also had a yard to go outside and exercise. Staff was very super friendly and took the time to explain things. Also very cool deals when you bring in an adopted a pet.
- Animal Friends’ Dog Park is fantastic. It has a great family atmosphere, it is humongous, and has a separate dog park for little dogs that is totally separate so miniature and toy breeds do not feel intimidated. Both parks have an agility course and the big dog section has a total fenced in area for agility. The little dogs are welcomed as well. I just moved here from Chicago, have been to many dog parks throughout the United States and this park is rated on top of my list. It’s not funded by the City or County and runs strictly on private donations. They need help and I’m willing and will do my part every time I visit the Dog Park by dropping a donation in the Red Donation Box near the Park entrance. Robert S. (March 2016)
- Thank You! for everything you did to help make my life wonderful! from ohNo Baker (The Lucky cat!). The story: I used to be a feral cat! I was not adoptable. A decision had to be made because I was marking EVERYTHING. I was not nice to any of the other cats or the 3 dachshunds who lived here before I showed up. What to do, what to do. My mom & dad decided to give me another chance and brought me to you guys at the Clinic. Best thing that ever happened to me !!! I don’t know for sure, but I think that when you neutered me, you were also kind enough to give me a personality transplant! I have turned into a guy that no longer marks, loves being petted, and (best of all) I have found my purr. Life is good! I never knew this could happen to a kittly like me. So, I had my mom make this card to say… Thank You !
- AF Staff – thank you so very much for being so kind and helpful. Geraldine (Geri) Kinser (May 2015)
- What a wonderful day at the Park !! Our Catahoula, Blue, loves the dog park any day — but Saturday was over the top for her. When we travel we always look for dog parks, but we tell anyone who will listen that Brenham has one of the best in the U.S. Thank you. Blue, Linda & Dan Lakenmacher (May 2015)
- Thank you so much for your fabulous dog park. Our oldest doesn’t even want to leave. This is our second time here. We were in Houston with our daughter for White Linen weekend. She is a jeweler who used to live in the Heights area and now flies from Santa Rosa, CA (Michelle Hoting).Our dogs, all given to us: Buck, a Lab-mix (over 10 yrs), Cheena, a Reg. Corgie (5 yrs) and Lily, a Rat-terrier mix (1 ½ yrs). Robert and LaTreece Smith, from Tolar, TX (December 2014)
Note – The last time we were here we sat in your gazebo and visited with some locals
- What a joy to watch a dog have her first experience with water ! Every dog needs socializing and there’s no better way to do it. Libby Lovejoy (August 30, 2014)
- We love the Dog Park! We live in Kingsland, TX and stay in Brenham every time we have grandkids – back and forth. My Border Collie Caleb and I enjoy your park every time we come. Thank you so much for an awesome park. Caleb loves the pool the best. He swims in Lake LBJ everyday. Caleb & Tina (August 15, 2014)
- Our rescue group has taken 38 dogs or cats to Animal Friends Clinic for spay or neutering. Each time, they were well served. We trust Animal Friends Clinic to take care of our personal dogs and cats. We are confident in their treatment, impressed with their compassion and recommend them without hesitation. Nancy Stoorza, President, 4PawsFarm (Nov. 26, 2013)
- I am spending Thanksgiving and Christmas out of town with my children but am giving my self 2 dogs for Xmas – an older shelter dog and a puppy (in the spring) after the shelter dog has a chance to settle in. The dog park is a prime reason I feel like I can do this . My tiny yard wouldn’t do for them without that availability. (October 24, 2013)
- Just to tell you that my last dog died last night and how much he enjoyed the dog park these past three months. We were out there late last Wednesday night and there were 8-10 young dogs, running and chasing each other – Moe took a sedate swim and carried his ball around and collect many pats from the other owners. I can’t think of a nicer way for him to end his sweet life. (July 22,2013)
Ten Commandments of Animal Parenthood
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.
- Please have me spayed or neutered.
- Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Donʼt be angry with me for long, and donʼt lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friend, your entertainment, I only have you.
- Speak to me often. Even if I donʼt understand your world, I understand your voice when itʼs speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.
- Take me in when itʼs cold and wet. Iʼm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding. By your side, I stand ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. Iʼll never forget how well youʼve treated me.
- Donʼt hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps Iʼm not getting the right food, Iʼve been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting weak.
- Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too.
- When I am old, or when I no loner enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when itʼs time to say goodbye.
Never say, “I just canʼt bear to watch.” Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing with my last breath that my fate was always safest in your hands. I love you.
WHAT PETS WRITE IN THEIR DIARIES
A DOG’S DIARY
8:00 am – Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am – A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am – A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am – Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm – Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm – Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm- Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm – Milk Bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm – Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm – Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm- Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!
A CAT’S DIARY
Day 983 of my captivity ….
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.
Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a ‘good little hunter’ I am. Bastards!
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of ‘allergies.’ I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow — but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released – and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe?? for now.
Remember that they can’t do a lot of things for themselves and that they depend on you to make their life a quality life!
DOG COOKIE RECIPES:
Face licking good! Doggie Approved!